§ Víctor Adrián de la Cruz Serrano
UI ENGINEERING — SPECIALIZING GENERALIST
Frontend development & data visualization
Have been living in Mexico City for 15+ years now.
Have ample experience as a fullstack developer:
- Architecting and implementing secure, scalable and stable backend solutions.
- Fleshing out intuitive and performant UIs.
- Can help you with information architecture & design.
Earned a degree on Computer Systems Engineering from the Superior School of Computer Sciences (ESCOM) of the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN).
Was awarded the Lázaro Cárdenas Prize on the Physics–Mathematics–Sciences Area in 2005.
Started programming as a young boy on a Commodore 64 using the Logo language.
Continually learns new things, right now diving into: Elixir, Phoenix, Vue.js, Ansible,
Hugo and hobbyist level AI/VR stuff.
Have ample experience as a freelancer, contractor, consultant and mentor.
Tries to write quality code using best practices. :)
Non-work interests range widely from Zen Buddhism to writing blog posts.
§ Contact Info
At the moment, interested in remote work positions as a full-time or part-time contractor/freelancer
§ Work Experience
Here is a good description of the different titles a software developer may have.
§ ADEO Healthcare Software
Frontend Tech Lead
From May 2018 – August 2019
- UI/UX analysis, design and implementation.
- Quick iteration from real prototypes to full implementation of new features using Vue.js + Vuetify.
- Overseeing UI Engineering matters such as: best practices, style guides, general app architecture, component specifications.
§ Parallel 6 / PRA Health Sciences
Web Development Architect/UI Engineering
From October 2015 to September 2017
- Led the frontend architecture efforts & solutions for all our client web applications using Angular, Material Design, Rails and D3.
- Ruby + Rails: Implementation of API endpoints. Scheduling & rescheduling of background processes.
- Completed a HIPAA training course.
§ Sonata Services MX
TIJUANA, MEX / REMOTE
Team Lead/Senior Ruby Developer
From May 2015 to September 2015
- Ruby + Rails: Worked for a client on a big Rails 3 codebase that was already two years old. Started the practice to implement API endpoints for our Admin sections. Designed and implemented key components that had platform-wide impact.
- HTML + CSS: Worked on the migration of our front-end from Bootstrap 2 to Bootstrap 3.
- Led a team of four developers.
- The client was Parallel 6.
§ Fundwise Software
CDMX, MEX / REMOTE
From October 2014 to April 2015
- Ruby + Rails: Helped rework the application server that went from a traditional web app, to an API with endpoints for payments and other operations.
§ Pemex, Subgerencia de Reservas
CDMX, MEX / REMOTE
From October 2012 to September 2014
- JRuby + Rails: Made some apps in Rails, deployed on the JVM, connecting to SQL Server and authenticating with ActiveDirectory. Excel file uploads for data extraction and operation.
§ Synapsis Sistemas e Ingeniería S.A. de C.V.
CDMX, MEX / REMOTE
From May 2009 to May 2017
- Angular: SPAs.
- Ruby + Rails: Backend & frontend development across several projects.
§ Ingeniería en Sistemas Computacionales
ESCOM - IPN
Escuela Superior de Cómputo, Instituto Politécnico Nacional
From June 2001 to June 2005
Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering
Superior School of Computer Sciences, National Polytechnic Institute
- Final grade: 9.8.
§ Presea Lázaro Cárdenas en Nivel Superior
Área de Ingenierías y Ciencias Físico Matemáticas
Awarded on May 15th, 2005
Lázaro Cárdenas Prize awarded by the National Polytechnic Institute.
- First time prize winner for the ESCOM.
§ Tech stacks
§ Frontend Stack
- Frameworks: Vue.js, Nuxt.js, Vuetify
- Libraries: D3, lodash
§ Backend Stack
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Frameworks: Phoenix
- Languages: Elixir
- Libraries: Absinthe (GraphQL)
§ Data Visualization Stack
- GIS Data Formats: GeoJSON, TopoJSON, Shapefiles
- Library: D3
- Rendering: SVG
- Version Control System: git
- Version Manager: asdf
- Operating System: Ubuntu, server setup, administration & security
- Web Server: nginx
- SSL: Of course, with Let’s Encrypt!
- Spanish: Native speaker.
- English: Professional competence.
§ Interests & Hobbies
- zen buddhism
- good movies
- eclectic listener
From October 1st to October 2nd, 2014
A team of four people: one mentor, one data analyst, one designer and one programmer (me!) doing a little project on data visualization.